Join the Rural Caucus, stand up, and speak out for rural Tennesseans.
Examples of Teams You Could Join
- Homegrown Democrats Initiative – We all know how hard it is to run campaigns in rural Tennessee. You’ll lead the effort to help our rural candidates — no matter their district — through phone banking, letter writing, fundraising, social media, advice when needed, and issue research.
- Rural Database – Data helps to drive decisions. You’ll help build out data that our elected officials, candidates, and county parties can use for elections and awareness campaigns.
- Short Term Initiatives – From hospital closures to harmful new legislation, it seems we are always putting out fires in rural Tennessee. You’ll guide the best response from the Rural Caucus and lead our involvement in finding solutions. First up – Census 2020.
- Communications – Messaging plays a critical role in the public’s response to our work. You’ll help tell the story of rural Tennessee and why our Democratic ideas are the best way forward.
- Legislative – Understanding the ins/outs of legislation can be tricky. You’ll track bills introduced and help explain what those really mean for everyday Tennesseans.
- Healthcare – Our rural healthcare crisis continues to hurt our communities. You’ll help raise awareness and offer solutions for rural Tennesseans affected the most.